Desert Caballeros Western Museum has a dedicated team of part time and full time professional staff. We work together guided by our Core Values:
- We exercise responsible stewardship and management of all museum resources.
- We operate a financially stable organization.
- We promote the highest professional standards and institutional integrity in all museum endeavors.
- We work together as a positive team (staff, trustees, and volunteers) while respecting our different viewpoints and talents.
- We operate with transparency to maintain and grow the public trust.
- We provide exemplary and innovative programs and exhibitions for our diverse audiences.
- We respect and serve our audiences by being responsive to their needs.
- We improve our ability to interpret the Western experience by collecting and researching associated art and artifacts.
- We creatively promote the museum locally, regionally, and nationally.
- We provide an accessible, safe, and enjoyable museum learning experience.
- We serve as a model and resource for leadership and innovation in the local community.
- We form partnerships with other cultural and educational institutions to promote a deeper interest in and knowledge of Western American art and culture.
- We foster and deepen relationships with existing and prospective donors to grow the collection and ensure the financial stability of the museum.
The Executive Director is charged with conducting the affairs of the AAM Accredited and Smithsonian Affiliate Desert Caballeros Western Museum in Wickenburg, Arizona. Directs efforts of 13 FTE and a dedicated volunteer corps of 100+ towards meeting the mission and goals of the institution in accordance with guidelines established by the Board of Trustees. The Executive Director interprets and applies the policies adopted by the Board of Trustees and directs the operations and activities of staff. Responsible for planning, developing, coordinating, directing, and managing all earned revenue, grants, financial gifts, donations of property and sponsorships from private and public sources within an annual operating budget of $1.5 million. Responsible for monitoring the progress of the institution and the staff in meeting the overall organizational objectives and initiatives in accordance with the mission and goals.
Click here to view the full job description. Please direct applications and inquiries to email@example.com.