Desert Caballeros Western Museum has a dedicated team of part time and full time professional staff. We work together guided by our Core Values:
- We exercise responsible stewardship and management of all museum resources.
- We operate a financially stable organization.
- We promote the highest professional standards and institutional integrity in all museum endeavors.
- We work together as a positive team (staff, trustees, and volunteers) while respecting our different viewpoints and talents.
- We operate with transparency to maintain and grow the public trust.
- We provide exemplary and innovative programs and exhibitions for our diverse audiences.
- We respect and serve our audiences by being responsive to their needs.
- We improve our ability to interpret the Western experience by collecting and researching associated art and artifacts.
- We creatively promote the museum locally, regionally, and nationally.
- We provide an accessible, safe, and enjoyable museum learning experience.
- We serve as a model and resource for leadership and innovation in the local community.
- We form partnerships with other cultural and educational institutions to promote a deeper interest in and knowledge of Western American art and culture.
- We foster and deepen relationships with existing and prospective donors to grow the collection and ensure the financial stability of the museum.
Visitor Services Associate
This position is the first point of contact for visitors to the museum and provides educational information about the museum and exhibitions. This position operates computerized point of sale systems in museum stores and at admission desks and represents the museum in a professional and courteous way.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.Balance register drawer at opening and close of shift
- Balance register drawer at opening and close of shift.
- Provide accurate daily revenue reports
- Greet, orientate, and direct visitors. Be able to discuss current and upcoming exhibitions and retail products.
- Be familiar with all other current museum functions and programs.
- Process payments for admission, membership, or merchandise.
- Maintain and distribute GuidePort audio tour units to visitors.
- Assist in stocking merchandise and brochures/rack cards
- Answer telephones and transfer calls or take accurate messages as needed.
- Follow up on any questions or issues that volunteers or visitors bring forward.
- Assist during special events and programs when needed.
Part-Time not to exceed 20 hours per week. Office, retail store, and museum gallery environment, non-standard hours, generally within 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Must be able to work weekends. Occasional evening shifts for special events. Must be able to lift 25 pounds and stand/walk for at least 2 consecutive hours.
To apply please email email@example.com