Be a Western Hero! We are currently looking for volunteers to represent the Museum in various positions. Gallery guides, Museum store help and a variety of other immediate opportunities are available. Apply in person at the Museum or online at westernmuseum.org/get-involved/volunteer.
Or call 928.684.2272 to schedule a meeting with the Visitor Services Manager to find your perfect fit. Training will be provided. Volunteers are asked to commit to a minimum of 40 hours of service annually.
Share the diverse stories, cultures and experiences of the West.
Greater community engagement expands the understanding of values and traditions of the West.
Desert Caballeros Western Museum has a dedicated team of part time and full time professional staff. We work together guided by our Core Values:
- We exercise responsible stewardship and management of all museum resources.
- We operate a financially stable organization.
- We promote the highest professional standards and institutional integrity in all museum endeavors.
- We work together as a positive team (staff, trustees, and volunteers) while respecting our different viewpoints and talents.
- We operate with transparency to maintain and grow the public trust.
- We provide exemplary and innovative programs and exhibitions for our diverse audiences.
- We respect and serve our audiences by being responsive to their needs.
- We improve our ability to interpret the Western experience by collecting and researching associated art and artifacts.
- We creatively promote the museum locally, regionally, and nationally.
- We provide an accessible, safe, and enjoyable museum learning experience.
- We serve as a model and resource for leadership and innovation in the local community.
- We form partnerships with other cultural and educational institutions to promote a deeper interest in and knowledge of Western American art and culture.
- We foster and deepen relationships with existing and prospective donors to grow the collection and ensure the financial stability of the museum.